RAFT receives no Government funding and relies on the generosity of individuals, grant-making trusts and companies to fund its research. This means we can be totally independent and deliver the research that patients need within a relatively short time frame. Our research is divided into five main programmes:
- Life After Breast Cancer: improving breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy
- Creating Smiles: developing new 3D facial reconstruction techniques for children and adults
- Overcoming Disability: helping the body to re-grow bone naturally
- Intuitive Bionics: enabling people with upper limb loss to live life independently
- A future without scars: developing new ways to solve the problem of non healing wounds
More than 70p out of every £1 donated to RAFT goes directly towards research to help people regain their quality of life after trauma, accident, illness or disease.