Fundraise for RAFT
A-Z fundraising fun
Help us keep developing Pioneering treatments to restore patients’ quality of life that have suffered physical trauma.
Anyone can do something special to help raise funds for RAFT
Whether you raise money by jumping out of an aeroplane or throwing a cake sale, organising a car wash or cycling from Lands End to John O’Groats, there are loads of fun ways to make a huge difference.
Not sure where to start with your fundraising? Let us help you with ideas and planning.
Whether it’s mountain-climbing, marathon-running or a sponsored swim, set yourself a big personal fitness challenge and enjoy the added satisfaction of raising money.
From jumping out of a plane to bungee jumping, how about an adrenaline-pumping dare in return for donations?
SELL SELL SELL
If you’re an arty person, or a baker you could sell homemade crafts or cakes at school, work.
Turn unwanted clothes and gifts into donations.
Ziffit.com is a free website where you can sell DVD’s, games and books.
24 HOUR CHALLENGE
Get sponsored to do something OR not do something for 24 solid hours. How about 24-hour Sing a long or sitting in a bath full of baked beans? OR give up smoking or talking for 24 hours.
SELL YOUR TIME
From car washing to window cleaning, raise funds by helping others.
You could host a themed dinner party or a cocktail night.
GIFT YOUR GIFTS
On your next birthday make yourself the gift that gives. Ask friends and family to swap presents for donations and help you smash your fundraising target.
Planning your event
Top tips for raising money for charity
You’ve settled on a great fundraising idea. But how do you make it happen and ensure that your efforts raise the highest amount possible for a worthy cause? Here are a few fundraising tips to bear in mind.
- Put the ‘fun’ in fundraising: raise money by doing something you and others will have fun with.
- Pick a date, but not just any date – if you need as many people as possible to attend your event, timing is crucial. People may be less likely to come if you schedule your event on the same day as the World Cup final!
- Make a plan – spend time on the groundwork so that things go to plan on the day. Pay particular attention to the logistics, such as timings and helpers.
- Give yourself something to work towards by setting a fundraising target. Don’t forget to factor in your costs so that you’re not making a loss.
- Get business-savvy – tell local businesses about what you’re doing for charity and they may be able to sponsor you, or give discounts or donations to help with your event.
- Spread the word – Facebook and Tweet about your event, put up posters, tell your local newspaper, set up a website and do anything you can to tell the world you’re raising money for charity.
- Set up – your just giving or virgin money page for people do donate directly to.
READY TO START?
Use our own sponsorship forms when you raise money for RAFT and we’ll be able to claim extra funding through Gift Aid whenever possible. Download your sponsorship forms below.
We are reliant on fundraising to cover our costs and are incredibly grateful to all our supporters for the contributions they have made. We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and abide by their codes and regulations.
Our approach to fundraising consists of:
- soliciting donations from charitable trusts, corporate partners and individuals
- direct marketing appeals to individuals who have already expressed an interest in the work we do
- encouraging people to participate in events to raise funds on our behalf, particularly the London Marathon
- running a number of charitable and educational events, some of which raise funds
RAFT strives for excellence through a safe fundraising environment for all donors. Should we have concerns regarding the vulnerability of a donor, for example, a lack of capacity, then we would not take a donation.
For further information about the Fundraising Regulator or you have any complaints about RAFT and its fundraising, please visit www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk.