Anyone watching BBC2’s Surgeons: At the Edge of Life will understand the importance of reconstructive plastic surgery. RAFT’s 30th Anniversary Awards will highlight this vital work and the role of research to help surgeons provide better treatments for patients.
The awards will recognise the achievements of outstanding individuals working in the medical research field. There are eight categories, each of which will have four judges:
- RAFT Research Programme with Greatest Contribution to Patients’ Lives
- Most Innovative Surgical Research Fellow Project
- Most Impactful RAFT Supporter – Individual
- Most Impactful RAFT Supporter – Organisation
- Most Outstanding Plastic Surgeon – UK
- Most Outstanding Plastic Surgeon – International
- Most Impactful RAFT Researcher
- Lifetime Achievement Award
The awards ceremony will take place during a lunch at Buckingham Palace in October 2018. The three shortlisted nominees for each category, along with those who nominated, will be invited to the lunch with sponsors and RAFT staff.
Nominations can be made up to 31 August 2018 by clicking here. The shortlist will be announced on 30 September 2018.
Celebrity Chef Peter Gordon
Consultant Plastic Surgeon Mr Nobert Kang
Businesswoman Sarah McClennan
CEO of Golden Giving Nathan Pinkney
Renowned Cosmetic Artist Hina Solanki
RAFT Patron Ferrial Syed
RAFT is currently seeking sponsors to support each of the awards categories. To register interest in becoming a sponsor, please email email@example.com